Volunteer, Internship and Career Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in joining our global community, working towards access to equitable healthcare and education for all South Africans.
Senior Accountant Manager
Full time. Reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
The Senior Accountant Manager, located in Boston, will manage all aspects of accounting from payroll to tax compliance and assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning. She/he is accountable for production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a set of comprehensive controls and budgets to enhance the accuracy of reported financial results and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and other international financial reporting standards. She/he works in partnership with the controller in South Africa and is responsible for consolidating reports from South Africa and Boston. The Finance Manager/Controller works closely with the senior leadership team. The Finance Manager/Controller will prepare reports for the Board Finance Committee.
- Manage the full range of accounting activities including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, tax audit coordination, accounts payable/receivables, purchasing, payroll, cash management, and insurance.
- Evaluate current accounting processes and procedures, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement appropriate changes.
- Present financial information to the Board in a clear and concise manner.
- Oversee payroll and tax planning and filing.
- Oversee government grant accounting.
- Implement process for independent audit and ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Ensure consolidated financial reporting and practices are in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare budgets and financial forecasts, including monitoring and analyzing monthly operating results against budget.
- 5+ years’ experience in financial management, specifically in developing and managing budgets in a non-profit environment; preparation and analysis of financial reports, and administrative coordination experience
- Familiarity with US Government, USAID, CDC cooperative agreement rules and regulations
- International non-profit experience desired
- Proficiency using QuickBooks
- Proficiency using Excel and Microsoft Office
- Absolute honesty and integrity; ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Above average level of analytical, reasoning and problem solving ability
- Demonstrated and consistent use of good judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with cross cultural team members
- Ability to take direction and learn new skills and applications
- Ability to follow established processes and procedures
- Ability to recommend (and implement) appropriate changes when needed
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and competing assignments
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to pay attention to details requiring a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to follow-through and complete assignments
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Management concentration required. CPA or MBA a plus.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. AA/EOE.
The Office Administrator ensures that the administrative operations of the organization run smoothly. He/she provides support for the Executive Director and Board of Directors’ logistical needs, supports internal communications and coordination, and supports development activities, communications, and event planning. The Office Administrator assists senior staff with special projects. The ideal candidate will enjoy interacting with a diverse group of staff and partners, working as part of a team, and contributing to building a dynamic, effective organization.
General office management and support
Provide administrative support for the Boston office maintaining smooth operations. Oversee the functionality of the office space and equipment. Coordinate office activities and operations to ensure efficiency and compliance to organizational policies. Manage phone calls and correspondence. Manage contact with outside vendors and suppliers. Act as main liaison between IT consultants and staff and provide basic troubleshooting if necessary.
Manage schedules and meeting preparation
Manage Executive Director’s daily schedule. Schedule and coordinate Board and Board Committee meetings including oversight of preparation of all meeting materials.
Provide critical support and organize special projects for senior staff for key programs.
Facilitate internal communications across the organization. Organize Boston staff meetings. Assist with website maintenance.
Process gifts and acknowledgments. Reconcile database with finance department. Maintain constituent database and mailing lists.
Plan and execute office, public relations, and fundraising events. Assist with PR and media relations to promote events.
High school diploma; BS/BA preferred
A minimum of three to five years of office administrative or equivalent experience
Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and social media web platforms
Experience managing and juggling diverse tasks and projects with minimal supervision and ability to anticipate and plan for organizational needs
Demonstrable event planning experience
Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
Highly collaborative team player who demonstrates maturity, initiative, creativity, energy, discipline, and commitment
Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
Highly organized, with excellent attention to detail, and ability to adhere to deadlines
Maintains discretion and confidentiality
How to apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. AA/EOE.